- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- juice & grated peel of 1 orange
- juice & grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups matzah cake meal
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- cinnamon-sugar mixture for topping
Arlene Taranto, San Rafael, CA
- Insert metal blade. Chop nuts with 3 or 4 pulses & set aside.
- Place eggs, sugar, oil, juices & peels in work bowl, & process for 15 sec. Add cake meal,
potato starch, & nutmeg & process just until mixture disappears. Add the chopped nuts & pulse
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sprinkle a board lightly with cake meal. Place the dough on board, and form into long rolls,
about 3: wide and 1 " thick. Place on cookie sheet and sprinkle all over with cinnamon-sugar
mixture. Bake 30 -45 min. or until light brown in color.
- Cut each loaf into 1/2" slices. Place each slice cut-side up on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with
cinnamon-sugar and place in oven to toast. Turn slices over & sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar to
the other side.