Eggplant Lasagna for Passover
A food processor makes this very quick, but its not necessary
- 1 Jar of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Eggplant
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 5 mushrooms
- 8 oz. of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- oregano, powdered garlic, hot pepper flakes and rosemary (dried)
- 5 pieces of Matzah
Cantor Gabrielle Clissold, Coral Gables, FL
- Cut up the eggplant into quarters and then slice very thinly, saute in oil until it reduces into mush.
- Cut and chop the onions, mushrooms and garlic all together and saute in oil, sprinkle in the spices, about a 1/4 tsp. of each, and mix all the eggplant and onions all together.
- Grate the cheese, and spray Pam into a small rectangular baking dish.
- Pour some sauce into the dish and lay down some of the Matzah into the sauce, like noodles.
- Spread on the sauteed veggies, sprinke on more spices, some parmesean cheese and more sauce.
- Continue this until you use up your ingredients, ending with cheese on top. Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes, slice up and its like lasange.....very tasty.