Apple Crisp #1
This is great plain, served warm, or add vanilla ice cream on top!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup mandelbread crumbs, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup soft margarine or butter
- butter or spray to grease baking dish
- 2 1/2 cup apples, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, crumbs, cinnamon, and
margarine or butter. Mix until crumbly. Grease a 9 inch square baking dish. Arrange apples in
dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Spread crumbly mixture over the apples. Bake in preheated
oven for 25-30 minutes, until apples are tender.
Penina W. Freedenberg, Rockville, MD
- You can also use toasted sponge cake crumbs.
- Granny Smith or other tart apples are particularly good.