Passover Brownies - 24 pieces
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 6 oz. finely ground almonds
- pinch of salt
Arlene Taranto, San Rafael, CA
- Cream butter & sugar tog. Mix in egg yolks.
- Melt Choc. over double boiler. Cool and add to butter mixture. Add finely ground almonds.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter. Pour into 9" sq. greased baking tin.
Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 45 min. Cool and cut into squares.